Avizstudio has released new awesome Atiles 2.0 script (Pro and lite version).

Hris

ATiles_2.0_script.jpg

It's one of the best script i ever seen - free for commercial use and with power of hammer and full of helpful features. Roofs, tiles, floors, walls, complicated systems of blocks - now it easy:) Just use this script and use it to create real 3D roof (presets are included to script!). You can cut your filled walls in angles which you can define for every edge, you can define area (by spline) to fill it with your own component, you can change everything in real time. Here is script:

http://www.avizstudio.com/tools/atiles/

And check a video tutorial about it:

Check their ATree3D script too (free) :

http://www.avizstudio.com/tools/atree3d/

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Version available for download is free(standard) version.

In Pro version you can use additional options and tools that are not available in standard version.

If you have 2.x Pro version and want to update to the latest v2.50 Pro, install the free version from the site over your Pro copy.

This is a short video for all new features of v2.50:

I really didn't like Batzal to be honest. It was better than nothing at all, but still confusing and quite limited compared to Atiles. In fact, I would think somebody coming from Batzal would be grateful that there is an alternative since it has been nearly a year and a half since the developer has said anything.

Also, Batzal roof designer was a plug-in, requiring recompiles and thus continuous developer support in order to work with the latest version of Max. Atiles is a script, making it much more appealing to me for forward compatibility.