Problem Max 2014 - object disappears when I go into sub-object mode

danb4026

• 1 month later...

This happens to me sometimes in Max 2013. Without even noticing it sometimes, so later I suddenly realize that a mesh is just gone. But I've learned that it's just not showing, that it's still there. Often it will reappear once I put a modifier on it, like a Turbosmooth, or UVW Map, etc., or if I make significant changes, like deleting faces, or extruding edges.

The back face cull thing didn't do anything as it is always unticked for me.

I am using dual Quadro 4000s with latest drivers. :)

• 4 months later...

3ds Max 2014 all patched up to Service Pack 3 and this sill occurs. Has anyone really found a true fix for this. Back-face cull suggestion didn't work, was already un-ticked. I have a simple spline with an arc that I need to 'Refine' but when in Segment mode the spline disappears.

3dsMax 2014 Glitch.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue, with Edit Mesh and Edit Poly on a Mesh I'm trying to mess with, and I ended up switching my viewport render driver to a legacy DirectX 9 driver from the "recommended" DirectX 11 driver, and that seemed to work. Now when I click Edit mesh and go into the sub-object mode, my model doesn't disappear.

• 9 years later...

Sorry for the thread necromancy! I just found this thread when trying to find a fix for this issue. It began for me when Autodesk introduce the Nitrous display driver, and has plagued all versions of 3DSMax I have tried. The problem is that when you isolate an object and go into sub-object mode the mesh disappears. If you drag a window over the mesh the vertices appear, but as soon as they are deselected they become invisible again. I have always used Nvidia consumer level cards with 3DSMax. Is this an Nvidia driver problem?