background image not showing in camera view

philvanderloo

Hi,

I added a sphere to apply a sky background image to my architectural exterior scene and it's showing up fine in all of my viewports except my camera view. Same with rendering. I did flip the normals, applied a uvw map modifier, also tried an unwrap UVW modifier, which was recommended in another tutorial. Not sure what the difference is or why I should choose one over the other?

But anyway none of this worked so I deleted the camera and created another one and still no sky background in ONLY the camera view. It shows up fine in all other views.

By the way, this is my first post here and I'm glad to be part of this community. Look forward to getting to know some new like minded people here.

Phil Vanderloo

If you press the 8 Key. You can add your Sky Map to the Environment slot and skip the whole sphere deal all together.

You just have to make sure that one of 2 things are done:

> If the sky is the same amount of sky you want in your image, then you have to use the Screen mapping type in the map itself and match the Render Output size to the that of your image,

or

> If your map is spherical and represents a 360 sky, then you just choose the Spherical Mapping type in the map itself. With this option you can move the sun around by adjusting the U and V offsets inside the map.