Preparing Lights(photometric) taking too long while rendering.

aminur rahman

I think there is already a similar thread in this forum, Do a little search to find it, but most of the answer are, check material in your trees, to to eliminate glossy and SSS or double side materials.

Also Brute force may work better in some instances than Lightcache, but I'll check the materials first.

IF everything is right, well that's the price to pay for a good rendering, Time.

Photometric lights with trees? The question is do you really need those photometric lights? Unless you have a specific light pattern you must use, photometric lights generally are a waste of rendering time when using them for landscape lighting purposes. Especially the standard IES lights.

If you are using Vray, the Vray IES are much faster. But the more global answer to your question is what has been stated already. If you want good quality lights, you have to pay the price in render time.

What rendering engine are you using? Are you using proxies, either MR or Vray ones? If you are using Vray proxies, make sure your dynamic memory is cranked up to your system RAM and not the stock 400mb that it defaults to. What kind of computer are you using? Slow, fast, terrible laptop?

Can you post an image and your settings? Right now your question is more of a "What number between 1 and infinity am I thinking of?"

Photometric lights with trees? The question is do you really need those photometric lights? Unless you have a specific light pattern you must use, photometric lights generally are a waste of rendering time when using them for landscape lighting purposes. Especially the standard IES lights.

If you are using Vray, the Vray IES are much faster. But the more global answer to your question is what has been stated already. If you want good quality lights, you have to pay the price in render time.

What rendering engine are you using? Are you using proxies, either MR or Vray ones? If you are using Vray proxies, make sure your dynamic memory is cranked up to your system RAM and not the stock 400mb that it defaults to. What kind of computer are you using? Slow, fast, terrible laptop?

Can you post an image and your settings? Right now your question is more of a "What number between 1 and infinity am I thinking of?"

Thanks for the reply... First of all I'm a newbie, know too little, make huge file size, can't use proxy to reduce file size (by the way, can you please suggest me how I can learn to reduce filesize? Can you please provide me with any good and easy tutorial link?). So, while suggesting something, please feel free to treat me like that. :-)

PC - core i7 3.4 GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 16GB RAM, ATI Radeon 7700 series GPU.

Dynamic memory is set to 8GB.

I use V-Ray.

Image and settings are attached.

02.JPG

04.JPG

03.JPG

25-08-13,C03.jpg

01.JPG

08.JPG

06.JPG

05.JPG

07.JPG