First time asking for critique/advice...

jbOS

1377789611.jpg

Studio/Institution: Self....
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds Max, Vray, Photoshop, After Effects
Description:

Hey,

Thought I would quickly post this image I have been working on for a couple of days for some advice/critiquing.

Please fire away and let me know what you think. This is my first time so please be kind......

The Depth of Field is pretty heavy but I am a sucker for this in all the photography I do so thought I would apply it to this image as well.

Cheers.

Hey mate, hows things over in Manchester?! Our Studio keeping you busy?

Crit - The only thing that jumped out at me was the repeating pattern on the right sofa, and cushions on the far sofa look a bit odd, don't know if its their form or colour of the smaller ones, but something looks amiss. Also I'd be tempted to try the books in white / grey as my eye is immediately drawn to them.

Looks good though mate!

Dean - Yeah, pretty busy over here. Just had a few hours free so knocked this image up quickly. Cheers for the comments. I think the cushions on the far sofa look odd as they have pretty large gaps between them. I will widen them to fill them up.

How are you? Have you been busy since we last spoke?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the blurred stuff above the couch isn't working. There's gaps between the pillows, the mulls are spaced differently, they are different grays,

one is broken, the ceiling light looks strange; all this calls attention to the back which should be neutral to let the foregound shine.

The kitchen part is ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...