Daylight Timelapse

cyril

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience creating (relatively) accurate lighting simulations for different times of day. Either faking it, or using GI.

I have some ideas as to the colors of light at different times of day, but I'd rather it be accurate as possible.

Has anyone done this in combination with GI?

Any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,

cyril

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience creating (relatively) accurate lighting simulations for different times of day. Either faking it, or using GI.

I have some ideas as to the colors of light at different times of day, but I'd rather it be accurate as possible.

Has anyone done this in combination with GI?

Any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,

cyril

What software are you using? Cinema 4D includes a Sun Expression that can be added to a distant light. It then controls angle, brightness, and light color based on a given location and time of day.

Jack

Is there any reason it needs to be accurate? For the best results so far as realism goes, ireckon dosch HDRI environments are the way forward. Realism tends to come in the compositingof the building to its environment. If the scene looks cloudy with the sun in the south east, your building has to respond to that. You will rarely have an image that says "Its 3:30pm" written in the corner. Unless its a sunlight analysis project of course, now thats a different matter. Viz and max(?) have a sunlight system that has a geographically correctly positioned sun. You have the capacity to put in a location and a time, hey presto. Just ensure your building is facing the right way in realtime.

Good luck honcho!