Help Critique / Final Image Post-prooduction

metekutlu

Jardin.jpg

This is my first render in 3ds with Vray. I tried my best but the image doesn't look the way I want it. It looks dead, static. maybe not enough realistic. The quality of the render work still seems poor to me. However, I don't know what the problem is exactly and how to fix it. This is only the render image. I didn't play with levels and such in photoshop.

I used Vray dome HDRI with Vray Sun. Forest Pack for the vegetation. Can you please comment and help how can this image become alive? Is it photoshop work or is there also some stuff I can do in 3ds?

Thanks a lot.

BA.jpg

A lot depends on taste. I like to fiddle with photos so here goes:

* more contrast

* vignette

* change the green of the grass a little bit

* mist on the grass

* little bloom

* little dirt

* sharpening

These are all basic photoshop tasks. Try it yourself and see what happens.

This guy has many good tips: http://www.alexhogrefe.com/

Hope it helped...

Edited by johannes

• 2 weeks later...

I think you overdone the whites with DIFFUSE GLOW in almost all the image... Your grass is washed out... your sky also...

You can apply the diffuse glow effect to the rendering and do not apply it to the Sky Background (or apply it with less intensity) You can control these layers separatedly.

Give more life to your grass with some DODGE and BURN, or some levels... And if you go back to your 3D file, use a better "irregular" or natural texture for your grass. Take out the people (you will need to practice more with the "people skill" since that takes time, and is the most obvious part that shows as something is ODD in the image... Get some better bushes or plants in your grass, play with a better composition or location of these plants...The bush at the left does not look good. Is to plane and lonely...

Hope it helps, good luck