Help, What value takes my work or ours?

diegorojas

Hello Friends of CG Architec, I'm Diego Rojas, from Osorno, Chile.

I tell them that I recently requested a quote for a building of 8 floors, with approximately 2500m2, (the work required are: 10 CGI Full HD 1920x1080p (2 indoor and 8 outdoor), plus the 3D model.

The truth that has taken me some time appoint a value to this work.

That's why I want to know, if anyone can help me or guide!

On the way to charge for my work, the truth is that I have experience working with virtual reality, but I'm a bit new to the process of collecting.

I'll be extremely grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

Estimating your cost of business

1. add up all the costs it takes to run your business for one month. Include cost of hardware and software

2. find out how much you need to live for one month. including health insurance, vacations, car payment, etc.

3. add up number 1. and number 2. from above.

4. divide that number from your work hours for one month.

5. now you will have a great starting point for your hourly rate.

Estimating a project

1. Determine how long the project will take and multiply that with your hourly rate (see above)

2. Add additional costs for the time it takes to render. each render costs additional

3. If the want ALL FILES. Charge them the cost of the project PLUS 200% for all project files. To help you understand the 200% cost, you have to understand the value of those files. If you give them the project files and EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS to that image and files, then the client has UNIQUE IMAGERY OF THEIR ARCHITECTURE THAT NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS. This is called Exclusive rights and it is very expensive. Just go on Gettyimages.com and try and buy an image with exclusive rights and you will see how valuable those rights are. And gettyimages isnt even CUSTOM imagery. Gettyimages is STOCK imagery so thats LESS valuable than CUSTOM.

I hope that helps.