Anima, Backburner, and 3ds Max 2014

I purchased An(i)ma from Axyz Design for an animation project that's in the final stages. However, I can't get it working on any of my render nodes.

According to the manual you're supposed to install the .DLI in the /plugins directory on each render node, along with an XML file containing the network path to the full standalone installation.

I've tried many permutations of this, but every time I try to network render I get a missing DLL error in server.exe complaining that the .DLI (the plugin local to each machine) is missing. It's in the same folder as the main VRay plugin, so I'm 100% sure it's not actually missing. The file I'm testing with renders fine over backburner on my workstation with the standalone install.

I've tried everything I can think of, and I really need to get this working. Has anyone experienced this?

Edited by jackbird

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi John,

I was wondering if you could help me. I'm trying to anima working on my nodes and desperately need to get a render going. I'm not getting a .dll error anymore thanks to your post but my nodes aren't seeing the plugin. I'm a little confused where you point the XML file did you point it over your network at the standalone computers c drive?

Thanks

Marc