Good read about the impact of some renderings

Some Architect friend shared this link with me, I thou it is a interesting read, it created a nice talk with him about renderings, and how several time I mentioned that his building look to perfect on his renderings. Nothing very wrong with that, but fit the building on the environments I think it is very important.

On this case I imagine that the architect was over the shoulder of the artist, saying" make those materials more glassy" it should reflect the sky no the run down environment. :p

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/design/2013/09/internets-appetite-sexy-renderings-hurting-architecture/6734/

Quite an interesting read. Though images made public really should carry, "Artist conception" on them.

If the car commercial tells me not to drive 200 mph and jump over the Grand Canyon, maybe it's time they start tagging architectural renderings.

ha ha ha

that's true, I think in this case the people got confused with the "Sale speech" that they got when the project was presented, in reality I am pretty sure nobody really knew what they were looking at and how really a giant mirror box will look there, Thou I had some clients that where very specific on details of the renderings to get it "as real" possible. Bet they didn't have the same luck with the contractors/builders :p

I've also been asked to do the opposite. I used to work for a very rigid, opinionated guy in a rendering studio. The client (developer) had asked to see three design options. My boss instructed me to make his personal favorite look good and the other 2 boring.

I retorted that I refused to compromise my.................................. just kidding.

Edited by heni30

A lot of the imagery that's initially presented to a client is preliminary and not fully developed so it ends up being an artists interpretation of what the project could be. Then a developer takes that image and starts selling it to the public to gain support never telling them that it's just a concept and the actual building might end up looking totally different. It's easy to make something look good before a budget is imposed and everyone has their say. It's really not fair to blame the artist's renderings when the purpose of those images was only to excite the client.