Augmented Reality

komyali

As far as I know, Inition does not license out their specific AR program. So unless you work for them, you won't use that specific version.

That being said, it is a cool looking program. Though most principal architects have the technological know-how to operate a belt buckle and that's about it. It also stands to reason that most of the time, the design is changing 10,000 times a day so trying to work that into an AR pipeline is near impossible. If you happen to work at an architecture firm that doesn't change their mind like a teenage girl trying on dresses, then I think this could be useful. Most of the AR that is out there is for projects that are already designed and near the construction phase. When you are in SD or even in DD, things change too much for the workflow shown to be that effective.

I agree with you that getting high quality full detail models would be a pain in the ass to use in AR when the client / architect changes their mind, but I don't see why it couldn't be used quickly for tasks such as massing models, initial designs, etc.

In Unity, it's very straight forward to update the fbx file exported from max. The problems occur when you make changes, link, materials etc to the model inside Unity, as you would most likely have to repeat the process again each time you refresh the model.

This is a test I published a while back. http://arddigital.co.uk/augmented-reality-testing-development/ I also have a house demo I should record and publish.

Cheers,

Dean