Timelapse: building construction animation

the white witch

• 9 months later...

Chris Macdonald you really are a TOOL. I think he is on about polyfx : http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/polyfx

great plugin - does exactly what you want, it can automate the animation of multiple polygons to give you that "building/unfolding" effect - is a relatively new plugin and is on version 3.

Chris you will get absolutely nowhere with that attitude, the sole reason that we have all of these great tools and plugins is because people SHARE, you are symbolic for everything that is holding back the human race.

Chris Macdonald you really are a TOOL. I think he is on about polyfx : http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/polyfx

great plugin - does exactly what you want, it can automate the animation of multiple polygons to give you that "building/unfolding" effect - is a relatively new plugin and is on version 3.

Chris you will get absolutely nowhere with that attitude, the sole reason that we have all of these great tools and plugins is because people SHARE, you are symbolic for everything that is holding back the human race.

Just to be clear Chris is not the tool, the tool is the guy Chris was calling out two lines up that made the original comment and Chris was simply replying with a meme.

Those two scripts look really cool and while $50 is expensive in my book for something I would rather try and understand the theory behind and do it myself, I just might pony up for the POLYFX and get it

• 1 month later...
animation.

how to do it?

It would seem that you scale objects on over 1 frame and use slice planes to do the rest. You create 3 or 4 shots. Then you render them with really bad materials and settings. Finally, you'll want to edit those 3 or 4 shots together in a dizzying fashion where your camera moves too fast and you cut between them too quickly alienating anyones interest in watching. Oh, and there's no need to create new angles or additional animations, the same 3 or 4 can be repeated for up to a minute without any help.

It doesn't much matter though, because once people see how little time and effort you put into it, they'll just turn it off.

Lastly, submit a purchase order for a job well done.

• 2 weeks later...