Exterior Gas Station

randymcbrayer

1381853753.jpg

Studio/Institution: Pizza Hut
Genre: Retail Exterior
Software: 3ds Max 2014 w/ Mental Ray
Description:

Hello all!

I've followed much advice I've received from the forum over the past few weeks and believe my renders + compositing is really turning around. I have attached a rendering I just completed of a Pizza Hut job we are doing. I'm rendering it out at 4 different angles and then a night scene with interior shot to go with it.

Cars/trees/plants are Evermotion, People are AXYZ, concrete material is Arroway

Any tips or advice you have to increase the realism or stylize the scene would be great. Thanks!!

Lighting was done with a daylight system (no HDRI). All materials (except cars) are A&D using corrected IOR.

• 2 weeks later...

The low camera angle seems kind of odd. If you're sold on it, you might try straightening the verticals so it seems more purposeful.

If PH is your client, I'd move the guy in the blue shirt, he mostly just blocks architecture and doesn't tell me much. If you move both he and the other guy together, so it looks like they are out for lunch I think you'll find that the rendering looks a little more lively.

You've got that bright red for PH, the super blue roof and the neon yellow sign and they all...the blue and yellow more than the red seem too bright. I'm guessing this is because you have an RGB value of 255 (or 1.0). You can do this if you reduce the diffuse level or you can reduce the value a bit in the color swatch.