antoniogarcia

1384456314.jpg

Studio/Institution: Aarkitectura
Client: NFO
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3ds Max + Vray
Description:

Hello everyone!!

This is my first post and here I show you my last rendering. I made it in 3ds max + Vray and post-produced in Photoshop. This is a render for a house in Zagreb, made for the office of arquitecture NFO of Croatia (nfo). I have done it to improve my skills.

Render H 00v2.jpg

The problem is that I need to improve more and more and I need someone who can give me some advices. You can criticize me, if you have some of time. What would you do to improve it?

Here the same render, but in better resolution.

http://imageshack.com/a/img89/7017/kgkk.jpg

Thank you so much.

If you want to see another of my proyects, you invite you to visit my blog http://aarkitectura.blogspot.com.es/

Render H 07.jpg

Render H 08.jpg

Edited by antoniogarcia

• 3 weeks later...

I like the compostion and the architecture is nice. Your base image, colours and even lighting are also nice.

The image is let down by the lack of detail on the building itself. Everything in the real world reflects light and that building definitely isn't. It looks way too dark, almost like rubber (but even rubber reflects some light!).

Try adding some reflective properties to the building, some more variation in the materials and brighten up the sky - it's too grey, there's a massive disparity between it and the super saturated green grass / trees. Try those for a start and then look at some other exterior renderings for further inspiration.

Hope that helps.

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for your advices. I am going to change all you tell me and I will try to improve it. I have to learn to look at better my draws. And of course, take more time to look at other exterior renderings.

I will publish in this post again the rendering if I can get to improve it .. I know also that the Architecture visualizacion´s world is a way hard and long.

If I were you I would do pretty much as Peter has described. The black is too black and would be great as he said to add a bit of a reflective quality. The wood also looks quite orange, maybe a bit less saturation? The glass could probably do with being a bit more solid and reflective too. Search the net for a nice glass material should you need. Also the general contrast of the image, the back of the building which is in shadow seems to be the same lightness as the side elevation which is in the sun, try to differenciate the two faces.

Saying all this I would probably start by removing all 2D entourage (people, trees) and concentrate on the building itself and then introduce these only twhen you are happy with the building. Whilst on the trees it is always good to try and match the same lighting conditions as close as possible, in your case being lit from the left handside to help them fit in (obviously you can always flip them). You can tweak the hue and contrast + lightness/darkness too to fit.

A bit more internal activity would also be good. Maybe some wall pictures, TV, free standing lamps, curtains/blinds as a few ideas (a bit more lived in). Also just check the contrast of your people inside as these would not be as contrasty as people outside in the full sun, normally desaturate and slight tweak to lightness/darkness depending on your glass.

After some hours this weekend trying to improve the render thank you to your help, this is the result. I think that I haven't gotten to improve it much. With time and practice, I will go having better skills.

Render H 03 v2.jpg

I have changed the reflexion of building, brought down the saturation of grass and trees and others characteristics, changed the sky for other more atractive, changed the glass, etc. All this in Photoshop, because I am amateur in 3ds max and Vray and my computer isn´t good (Jaimie, the next time I will try put more thing inside to the building).

• 4 weeks later...