3DS MAX + Revit - Changing one side of Revit glass material in MAX?

wyattoday

I just joined the forum so hello to everyone!

I'll keep it short. Setup: Modeling / exporting from Revit; Rendering in 3DS MAX

Goal: Create a frit pattern on one side of the Revit glass material in MAX

Problem: MAX does not allow multiple surfaces to be edited on the Revit glass material.

The frit pattern and everything I have just fine, but the main problem is when I assign my frit glass material to the glass it assigns that frit pattern to all 6 sides... which visually doesn't work as it messes up the frit pattern. I've tried using a multi-material and assigning frit to #1 and regular glass to #2-#6 but #1 is used for all 6 sides. :confused:

Any ideas on how to assign my frit pattern to just the outside of the glass?

Thanks!!

i have added edit poly modifier to linked geometry in the past in order to edit material ids. will allow reload if there are no major changes to the geometry in revit. If there are major changes in revit, objects may require edit poly modifier be removed from some.

at sub object level you can select a polygon and assign a material ID. This may be tedious.

ex: w/ edit poly modifier assigned, go to polygon level, hit ctrl+a > assign mat id #1, then select the frit face only > assign mat id #2

ctrl+a is a windows shortcut, select all. my intent was that in poly mode you'd select all and assign them all the same id (ex:1), then select the face you want to be different and assign it another id (2)

whatever material id #s you assign should coincide with your materials assigned to the multi-sub material