Vray 2.0 for Sketchup Performance

Hello cgarchitect community!

I am somewhat desperate for better performance by Vray 2.0 for Sketchup on my work computer. My biggest problem is displacement. If the model is the least bit complex and displacement is on for any materials, I end up with a render that crawls at a glacial pace until a bug splat. This happens pretty much every time. I have listed my machine's stats below. Any suggestions you may have for changes in hardware or settings that would improve vray performance would be greatly appreciated. I have tried many displacement and quality settings, and it does not seem to make a difference.

Dell Precision T3600

Intel Xeon CPU E5-1607 0 @ 3.00GHz

32.0 GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

AMD FirePro V5900 (FireGL V)

SketchUp 2013 (same performance with SketchUp 8)

Vray 2.0 for Sketchup

Thank you!

This problem it's very easy to solve, any one using vray for max or vray sketchup may have this problem,if you made a test render (output 600*460)and see that the result of displacement is good when you increase the resolution(1200*800) go to global displacement and increase the edge length from 4 to 8 , so you always when increase the resolution you must increase the edge length (the double) ,and if you seen have alot of geometry you may tray 64bit rendering http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/help/sketchup/150PB/distributed_rendering.htm

and try if you have a lot of materials with displacement make the fare ones bump and it will increase the rendering time and and it will look nice ...

• 2 months later...