benjaminbogaert

1385840133.jpg

Studio/Institution: My self
Client: Me
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: Vray-3DsMax-Vray-itoo software forest-pro
Description:

Hello!

This is something i'm working on, and could really use some critique for me to improve.

And a problem, I used a lot of passes/alpha maps but the AA is really terrible, is there a way in Photoshop to smooth the edges?

I tried a feather but no luck.

Also, my screen is calibrated with a spyderpro4, so what i'l be asking is subjective but does the overall color seem right or to saturated or to dark?

Even with my calibrated screen i'm not sure if its for the better or not :)

As always much obliged.

Cam2_Post.jpg

And a problem, I used a lot of passes/alpha maps but the AA is really terrible, is there a way in Photoshop to smooth the edges?

I tried a feather but no luck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50389[/ATTACH]

What is the resolution size set to? You might need to increase the size. Yes this will increase render time. My VERY general rule of thumb is: Start with your resolution at twice the size of the needed final output. So if you know you need an image 1200x800 you do your rendering at 2400x1600. From there you can better gauge if the AA is clean enough.

Oh I rendered the image at 1920x1080 so I should double it? Interesting.

@desmond : here's an update, I added the Zdepth again to lighten the back more.

See attachment. I added a lens flare and people and tweaked the colors some more.

Lens flares gotta go away. They are just to distracting, maybe leave one of two. Also the blur on the people is not working. If it was a night shot and you were having to adjust your shutter speed to grab more light you would see this kind of affect, but not on a bright day like you have in this scene. I agree with adding people to the balconies and consider switching sun angle to illuminate view-able side. That might be part of the issue is that this side just seems a little to bright for the sun coming from the opposite direction.

Lens flares gotta go away. They are just to distracting, maybe leave one of two. Also the blur on the people is not working. If it was a night shot and you were having to adjust your shutter speed to grab more light you would see this kind of affect, but not on a bright day like you have in this scene. I agree with adding people to the balconies and consider switching sun angle to illuminate view-able side. That might be part of the issue is that this side just seems a little to bright for the sun coming from the opposite direction.

I agree. Ditch the lens flares. Add some more contrast. Maybe a vignette to focus more on the building.