Vray 1.8 vs. Cinema 4d R15

Hello,

I would basically like to get some feedback about the C4d R15 and its relation with Vray 1.8. Anyone who tried it out? Any Vray 1.8 user?

I am new to Cinema, but I know that until now Vray was the best choice for static rendering (I have been using it for a while on Sketchup, so I'm already familiar with it). Now my question is: after the last C4d improvements that come with R15, is it still worth using Vray on it, or is it possible to get some very similar (or at least comparable quality-wise) rendering with the C4d rendering engine? What about the rendering times also?

Thank you

The latest evolution of Cinema 4D rendering is great, the new irradiance and light path GI system work just fine, the basic concept is the same of VRa, so if you know VRay you can translate this very easily. I always thought that VRay materials are a great strength and compared to the new Cinema 4D, they are pretty close. Speed wise, VRay still the champ for large scenes but if you are organized enough the native cinema 4D will take you a long way. The presets for animations are also very good, a little noisy still you need to crank the values but honestly in animation you do not to be so exaggerated like with still images, a little noise is OK, you see it all the time in big production movies.

If you are a confident artist, know your way around Photoshop/After Effects the new cinema 4d render will work great for you, beside it save you big bucks ;)

I am waiting to collect some founds to do my update ;)