Photoshop CC Update, now with live links to base images

Scott Schroeder

http://blogs.adobe.com/richardcurtis/?p=2360

Did anyone else know about this update from a month ago? It seems like they should have hired sky writers to tell the world that you can now have live links, like in After Effects, to your Photoshop files. I've been wanting this for years.

No longer do you need a 3rd party extension like CanLinkIt to bring AE style functionality to Photoshop.

Well since the Creative cloud deal when up, the updates in the adobe software have been just crazy fast. One after the other, and at the beginning I was taking them as simple bug updates or so, but if you log in in to Adobe website or read the update specs you'll see tons of new features, and performance optimization too.

Adobe was a sleep for a while but since Creative suites they had evolved a lot and in a very good way.

Live links, new Sharpen tool, Distortion tools are just great for our daily work.

RAW image tools now are a live effect and can be applied by layer!!

that's just awesome.

I agree that this is going to be a great tool going forward, but how are you all looking to use it?

I haven't put much thought into it, but I'm thinking it will make group work on a single image a lot more seamless; One person painting, one applying final color correction, and one placing people.

How else?

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu
grammer.... yikes!