office interior - need help with realism

ianogawa

1395716228.jpg

Studio/Institution: private
Genre: Office Interior
Software: 3Ds Max, Vray
Description:

hello,

i'm new in this community and 3D , i'm learn 3D and vray for about 8 month and i think i still have much to learn .. i looking forward to all of you and i hope i can learn a lot from all of you :D , and sorry for my bad in english

this is my office interior , and i don't know whats wrong with them , it's just something wrong there

19.jpg

6.jpg

for this one , one the window that should be a black glass there , but that black glasses doesn't appear

2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

I like the compositions of your scenes. :) Here are what I think may help in your renders:

- the light at the counter for your 1st render is too flat, maybe a falloff map in the colour channel of the light material could help give it some depth

- the wood texture at your 2nd render is too repetitive and lacking reflection. Maybe blend a couple of textures together to give it more variety.

- give the floor of your 2nd render some reflections could help

- to achieve black glass, give it a diffuse colour of black, and a reflection colour of grey or white (depending on the look you are after), and tweak other values like the fresnel, reflective glossiness ...etc.

Hope it helps :)

hi lily,

finally theres a comment and feedback , thanks lily that really really really helps me a lot :D ..

for the black glass , it is the same as the one on the back of the LCD . buat i don't why it just doesn't appear :(

thanks lily :D

then it may have to do with your fresnel value. Maybe make a copy of the material, assign it to the window and tweak the value from there. Since your window is pretty much facing the camera, you can also try a falloff map in the reflection channel, and adjust the default white colour to some grey values :)

then it may have to do with your fresnel value. Maybe make a copy of the material, assign it to the window and tweak the value from there. Since your window is pretty much facing the camera, you can also try a falloff map in the reflection channel, and adjust the default white colour to some grey values :)

as i said before , the windows is same as the one behind the LCD , maybe i'll try a falloff map :) . i'll upload the update after I came home from the hospital :D

Is the geometry you are using for the black glass a plane object or a box? If you are using a plane which way are the normals facing? If they are facing away from the camera and you are not using a 2-sided material the camera doesn't "see" the object.

that is a box , that is same as the one behind the LCD ..hmmm ok maybe thats because facing away from the camera , i'll try from another camera position

thanks tobias :D