Would appreciate a crit on some recent work...

1396012348.jpg

Studio/Institution: CSParrott
Genre: Other
Software: 3ds max, photoshop
Description:

Hi

I've been working on a few fun projects recently and take a lot of advice from this site.

I'd be interested in what you all thought about some recent work?

This stuff varies between a lot of modelling and little modelling and a lot of photoshop.

Tower_3.jpg

thanks!

OldUniverse_iso.jpg

Visual2_withmonoliths.jpg

IsometricTravelator2.jpg

SolarSystemDraft2.jpg

image 1: remove the 4 closest people

image 2: Seems right in line with recent grad level work I've been seeing a lot of lately. I'm not a fan of this particular trend but you seem to have pulled it off well.

image 3: I don't feel this particular view is very successful at giving the viewer a sense of the space (pun intended).

image 4: Seems off balance. I'd suggest removing the hex flare and shifting the bloom from the upper right down lower and to the left to balance it out

image 5: Whale shark, explosions and timey wimey gears? what's not to like about this? Seriously, it's probably my favorite of the bunch. Good job capturing a theme park attraction experience.

Overall: Much of your 5th year folio work is much better than this particular set in my opinion. You should consider entering some of it in the KROB competition this year.

Overall, very nice and impressive images, and, as they are your fun work, I would not post any comment, but personal opinion.

And, it is, following: /just my personal view/

1. there is no uniuqe focus of images, they are "everywhere", so, observer's eye does not have what to focus, may details...

2. 5th one is excuce of this, and very good.

3. Good colour schemes, every image is good in colour mode.

And, thats it!

Keep rendering!

Thanks for the comments guys. Compositional skills is something I am reading up on, so hopefully will improve over time..

FWIW this is my 5th and 6th year uni Architecture work...

http://csparrott.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/march-final-year-submission-all-watched-over-by-machines-of-loving-grace/

http://csparrott.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/portfolio-march-5th-year/

Really? I'd like to see that other work if this is 'not as good'. I don't have time to write up a proper crit right now, but am impressed with the posted images.

Ernest, take a look at his Blog postings.

Really, it's all very good. Dell Who, if it were possible to invest in people, I'd buy in now. I have no doubt you will do well.

Ernest, take a look at his Blog postings.

Really, it's all very good. Dell Who, if it were possible to invest in people, I'd buy in now. I have no doubt you will do well.

Well SHUCKS. Thanks! I'm currently working full time in an exhibition and theme park design company in London. Ideal work for my interests, but I also do a little digital painting illustration and also stuff like designs for setworks in Glastonbury. Lots of work out there if you vary your folio.