having your belly coming out like balloons?

aristocratic3d

You know you work 12 hours a day seating on the desk doing nothing except dealing with polygon and vertex. so you only pour food into a hole called mouth. but your body does nothing to burn those food. :D

You are getting fat?

if not. then what plan do you follow to bring balance into health?

Just wanted to check if I can borrow your idea to entertain my exercise process.

Thanks for your comments. :D

yes and everything else that I can inside the gym, skipping rope etc............playing football and swimming WILL NOT get rid of your belly neither will the gym, the only way is to eat healthy. Thats the unfortunate truth...........eating is great I know.

]yes and everything else that I can inside the gym[/b]' date=' skipping rope etc............playing football and swimming WILL NOT get rid of your belly neither will the gym, the only way is to eat healthy. Thats the unfortunate truth...........eating is great I know.[/quote']

Girls in the gym?

Maybe not so boring....

I dont enjoy woman like that. wak. there could be a woman in GYM who is being product of entertainment of many guys like me. I dont really like that attitude at all.

Also I have a sweat wife. I dont even enjoy presence of a woman while I am doing exercise. so I feel like your medium of entertainment is too different than me. I thought I could know something new from you. :(

Girls in the gym?

Maybe not so boring....

Edited by aristocratic3d

Have you seen the thread about tables that give you a standing option? Do you work at home? office? If at home you can get a dog that would force you to get out more. Or have a timer on your pc that would remind you to get up and stretch. Google will bring up a lot of exercises that you can do in your office.

No magic bullet. I take a break just before lunch and drive to a swim club. You can ride a bike to work which I used to do.

All repetitive exercise will be boring - just make up a good playlist.

I will include a table that will give me standing option. great idea.

I have a bike as well. just went out this morning to a pond. had a 1 hours long swim with my friend. really enjoy that.

Thanks for the tall table idea. ;)

Have you seen the thread about tables that give you a standing option? Do you work at home? office? If at home you can get a dog that would force you to get out more. Or have a timer on your pc that would remind you to get up and stretch. Google will bring up a lot of exercises that you can do in your office.

No magic bullet. I take a break just before lunch and drive to a swim club. You can ride a bike to work which I used to do.

All repetitive exercise will be boring - just make up a good playlist.

Get a juicer. Have vegetable/fruit juice for breakfast and lunch. I have kale, carrot, apple, orange, lemon, lime, ginger, bok-choy and red pepper. Sounds gross. It is a bit, but you get used to it. Also means that I get time to go running instead of having to make/go out for lunch. I also have a 'power tower 1700' exercise machine in my office which gets use every day during rendertime.

Get a juicer. Have vegetable/fruit juice for breakfast and lunch. I have kale, carrot, apple, orange, lemon, lime, ginger, bok-choy and red pepper. Sounds gross. It is a bit, but you get used to it. Also means that I get time to go running instead of having to make/go out for lunch. I also have a 'power tower 1700' exercise machine in my office which gets use every day during rendertime.

+1!

Green rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEM4_-fi1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O9spvGYcFY

Also, you should avoid every gluten food, it really can makes you fat like a pig!

Have a strong breakfast, like eggs, and avoid dinner, for beging.

For avoiding dinners is very important to use slow-carbos, not super fast carbs.

I do it every day. I feel more energized and my bad back is no longer a bad back. Im off to play my first game of soccer in 3 years tomorrow. Once you start seeing the benefits and grow a taste for healthier food it becomes part of your routine, its pretty easy really. And my 3 yr old helps make the juice so its fun also.

Just an adjustment period like anything else.

gym, if you cant go to the gym, get a skipping rope and skip at home....

+1 Gym is the very best partner for sedentary jobs.

Sure, for average person, outdoor activities are more fun (they are of course), but neither physical activity (apart from swimming probably, 'if' done right, not trotting around like half-dead seal for hour) is as complex as well balanced workout regime, and it's the least time demanding activity ( 3x 1 hour per week is more than fine minimum) for such range of benefits it offers. You won't only get metabolic boost which will helps you burn overall more energy during day and hence, help with loosing weight, you'll streghten loosened muscles from sitting (hamstrings) and stretch tightened muscles (quads). As I said, it pairs extremelly well for sedentary person. So even if you do a lot of other physical activity (and you should, everything from sports to outdoor activities), a gym should sort of be a base for everyone. It's not just for mirror people.

For weightloss, just eat less though, sitting behind computer for 10 hours a day doesn't exactly burn the same amount of energy as your local postman does, so don't eat the same. Healthy, non-healthy food...affects your well-being, but not your weight.

Edited by RyderSK

for me it was taking up Taekwondo, my core strength has increased which has eased my lower back pain. The cardiac workout keeps me trim and the focus and concentration is fantastic. Kicking the crap out of a punching bag is quite cathartic and a great stress reliever.

I do it with my kids which is a great bonding time for us.

jhv

for me it was taking up Taekwondo, my core strength has increased which has eased my lower back pain. The cardiac workout keeps me trim and the focus and concentration is fantastic. Kicking the crap out of a punching bag is quite cathartic and a great stress reliever.

I do it with my kids which is a great bonding time for us.

jhv

You kick the crap out of your kids as a stress reliever, thats pretty cool...

Your second Language is English..........? ......it's better than my First.

+1 Gym is the very best partner for sedentary jobs.

Sure, for average person, outdoor activities are more fun (they are of course), but neither physical activity (apart from swimming probably, 'if' done right, not trotting around like half-dead seal for hour) is as complex as well balanced workout regime, and it's the least time demanding activity ( 3x 1 hour per week is more than fine minimum) for such range of benefits it offers. You won't only get metabolic boost which will helps you burn overall more energy during day and hence, help with loosing weight, you'll streghten loosened muscles from sitting (hamstrings) and stretch tightened muscles (quads). As I said, it pairs extremelly well for sedentary person. So even if you do a lot of other physical activity (and you should, everything from sports to outdoor activities), a gym should sort of be a base for everyone. It's not just for mirror people.

For weightloss, just eat less though, sitting behind computer for 10 hours a day doesn't exactly burn the same amount of energy as your local postman does, so don't eat the same. Healthy, non-healthy food...affects your well-being, but not your weight.

I can sympathise with the OP, the gym can be a drag, if you let it. But it is among the best bang for the buck time wise as others have said. If we spend 40-50+ hours a week at a computer then you've got to get the best value for the time you can allocate to getting fit.

Most gyms these days have so many different exercise alternatives to keep it interesting, so give them all a try. Don't be too macho to give some of the classes favoured by the girls a go either as I almost guarantee you that you'll be surprised how difficult they can be and also how much fun. Step classes, circuits, boxersize, heck even zumba, you'll find something you can enjoy.

I would recommend trying to get a gym buddy, either a colleague, friend or your wife / partner - so that it becomes more difficult to make the excuse not to go, then mix it up, give it all a go and forget your preconceptions.

Gym get's boring because you let it get boring.

Also contrary to some of the above, I absolutely recommend swimming, you possibly have to invest more time out of your week, but it is probably the best exercise a body can get; low impact, core strength, stamina, flexibility and almost zen like mental relaxation as you do it!

• 3 months later...

Kettlebells are a great excercise that you can do almost anywhere. I don't think they completely replace a traditional Gym workout but they are definitely better than nothing. They are relatively inexpensive and take up very little room, I usually do it out in the yard to get some outside time in as well.

• 2 months later...

Top of the list is food, you need to come to some form of balance with it and I would suggest making your own as much as possible.

The gym is good, if you find it boring - do classes, they will push you much further than you would have gone by yourself.

Get a sport, football, tennis, swimming, running, karate - whatever, you need something that focuses your mind. My sports are surfing and kitesurfing but don't get anywhere near enough time to do them.

Last is something that I highly recommend is self hypnosis - this is when you listen to audio tracks which focus on whatever you want to work on - confidence, relaxation, productivity, weight loss etc... It might sound silly but our sub-conscience/un-conscience plays a massive roll in our lives and most people never engage it. It's powerful stuff and would recommend you have a look online.