feedback required please

reptar

1397030805.jpg

Studio/Institution: na
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3ds max / vray
Description:

Hi,

I would like to create an image of a house which looks as photo realistic as possible. I am using 3ds Max with Vray. I have used a HDRI as the light source.

I would love to get some feedback on how I might be able to improve this and make it more realistic. The house walls are rendered white but difficult to see (any ideas on how to make this pop). The house is newly built too.

Let me know if you require additional information.

Thank you.

I would start by rotating your HDRI, right now your light is coming from behind your building, or at least that's how it looks like judging by your shadows.

That's very boring, try to rotate your sun so it gives you nice contrast between sides, some nice shadows, at a bush behind your camera stuff like that.

Your main material from your building is white, maybe add some extra bump and perhaps a fallof.

Hopes this helps.

Try making the materials as realistic as possible.. If the main material is white, it will be white plaster or cladding or concrete etc.. add bump and reflections.. Another thing i noticed is the details along to road. You need some sort of joinery of concrete blocks/stones between the tarmac and the kerb with grass.

Try looking around for references. And then start building the details into your model. As benjamin said, vegetation is a very important part of realism.

Yeah, everything looks squeaky clean. The street looks like it was put in yesterday. The hedge on the right looks too uniform and even edged and the trees in the background need to be replaced in post.

Edited by heni30

Do an image search for Richard Meier residences. Straight on elevation shots are difficult to pull off so I'd suggest a slightly different composition. There doesn't seem to be enough of the photo background showing to make it a limiting factor in your viewpoint.

I don't mind the camera angle it kinda looks like someone stood on the other side of the street and s append it with their iPhone :)

But I you want something to be more impressive the the Angle and composition of the shot could change. It's a good looking house and rotating the hdri would help to cast shadows to give it more depth, the hedge and street/road are the two stand out things to me as far as not looking real...

It's an excellent base to work from, it's very balanced lighting so you clearly hav an eye for it, my advice is find some inspiration material to help with the composition and shadows... One of my favourites is architecturepastebook.co.uk

But there's heaps out there, look forward to seeing the update!