Saving scene takes too long

thiagocarvalho

Hey guys, hope someone can help me. The scenes ive been doing on 3ds max have been taking a loog time to save. Sometimes i just give up, break the file and start it all again from the bottom or the last saved file copy. Ive tried to use a script for cleaning the notetracks...but the script seems to 'freeze' the file, which i give up waiting, end up the process and start from the last saved file. Any ideas and solutions please. I have so many work to do and this problem is getting me late!!!!!

I use 3DSMAX 2011 with vray and mental ray. thank you a million.

Hope my english is understandable!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, hope someone can help me. The scenes ive been doing on 3ds max have been taking a loog time to save. Sometimes i just give up, break the file and start it all again from the bottom or the last saved file copy. Ive tried to use a script for cleaning the notetracks...but the script seems to 'freeze' the file, which i give up waiting, end up the process and start from the last saved file. Any ideas and solutions please. I have so many work to do and this problem is getting me late!!!!!

I use 3DSMAX 2011 with vray and mental ray. thank you a million.

Hope my english is understandable!

Hello Thiago. Heres the link to your solution : http://forums.cgarchitect.com/61106-long-saving-time-3ds-max.html

Copy this "numNoteTRacks TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager > 0) do deleteNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager (getNoteTrack TrackViewNodes.Max_MotionClip_Manager 1" to notepad and save with a .ms extension so you can run as a script in max or better yet head over to scriptspot and download "cleaner". Version 8 seems to be the latest.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner

Cheers