Glass refracting glass problem

stefambatros

Hi, I have a rendering project for a wine bottle fridge and i am encountering some problems with the glass refraction of the glass pannels in front of the bottles.

I have attached two images to illustrate this. In the first one i rendered only the bottles and in the second one i have added the glass pannels in front of them (i took out the rest of the geometry for the sake of this test). - when i add the glass pannels in front of the botlles the reflections on the wine bottles seems to increase a lot and looks kind of crazy.

I have tried changing the glass refract. subdiv between 8-32 the ior between 1.01-1.8 but nothing seems to work. I have also tried low and high settings for vray but that didn't seem to have any effect aswel.

If you have any idea how to solve this please comment.

Thanks!

e1.jpg

e2a.jpg

I don't know if this will help with your issue, but in the past when I have had weird results with glass refraction and reflections I found that upping the max depth for the refraction got rid of many different issues. Might help here with so much glass if you have it set at 5 or even just 10. I've upped it to 20 or 25 and gotten the right result without crazy render times.