Spline end wrong color.

Peter M. Gruhn

Apply a gradient ramp to a renderable spline and it's like they use the same mapping for both end caps. So only one end cap has the right color.

I have a memory of having solved this once but can not get a solution now.

I'm sure there's a solution involving just remapping this one end cap by hand. But I have n splines and that just won't be practical.

splineends.jpg

Yeah, offset was my first thought. I tried a number of combinations with offset and tile but it looks like the border between good and bad colors is zero. If I fix the right side I break the left side.

Not sure what you're asking me to do, Chris. If I change the "Material ID Channel" on the material to, say, 4 it renders the same. BUt I would have expected that so I wonder if I'm missing something you're driving at.

Thanks y'all. We'll beat this yet!

Well I was thinking if you put an edit poly modifier on top, and selected the end piece that is the wrong colour and changed the material ID on it. I doubt it will work, given that the texture will be on channel 1, was more thinking out loud.

Perhaps select the offending polygon and apply a uvw xform (and try different values, such as flip/mirror an axis) or a uvw map and try the same?