Memory problem with Large Vegetation scatter

Sketchrender

Hi

I have a very large landscaped garden project.

I have 12 specious of planting and trees.

It is crashing out all day.

I have stripped and Proxied then scattered the plants.

I am using Multicatter, and I am wondering is it a memory problem from my end or the plugin.

I am using a mixture of 2 evermotion trees and ibushes.

I have 20gb built in to the machine.

Advise would be grateful.

Thank you .

Phil

did you try to render with Multiscatter off??

Also evermotion trees are very high polygon, if in your shot the trees are in the background you should try to use a lower polygon option.

Check the materials too, the double side material or translucency is not much visible from far away.

Also there is a strange bug in Multiscatter that it crash if you are using regular Normal map shader, you should use VRay normal map shader.

Lets us know how it goes ;)

Yep the presets are amazing and the handling of large trees and flowers, have been excellent.

I am never going back, AND I have to say the consistent upgrading of the plugin what I am impressed with.

I would invest in Railclone only the whole slate interface puts the shivers up.

Modo are the same, I don't use it, but you have ask why Autodesk don't release more updates, considering how small the updates are.

Evermotion 3D trees are very detailed and very heavy in geometry. I'm using ForestPackPro (my best investements too:) ). If i have large areas ( 1km x 1km area) - than i'm using 3D Mentor Trees - less polys, very good looking. And in many cases i'm preparing 3D trees by myself because i want to have full control over polygons count in my scene:) What species are You using in Your scene? You wrote "12 species".