Attach - Merge - join of Proxies

michaelfountouklis

Hello,

I have a question if someone can help

I have different bush Vray Proxies that i use to multiscatter on a plane. I want to create

a small bundle of these proxies, and then make that bundle a new proxie, so essensialy i want to be able to multiscatter the bundle of proxies as a bundle, rather than each proxie seperately so that the distribution of the proxies have always the specific shape that i gave to my bundle. (Different density between specific bushes for example.)

I did try to right click make ediable poly the 5 different proxies that i have, and then remaking that as a new proxie, but in that way there is no way for the different proxies to maintain their materials after the new join, and its only one object now. I am looking for a way to maintain the different material properties of the objects and at the same time join th proxies.

I understand that i could get the initial polys, make them as i want and them remake that as a proxie with selecting the "save as a single proxie all the items" But that takes time, as different objects are in many files and i am looking for a solution to make these groups fast and be able to change and work with them.

I hope my question if clear enough

:)

Edited by michaelfountouklis

You joined proxies as editable polys? Yeah, that won't blow up later on down the line.

You answered your own question. Make them a group rather than attaching them as one object. If mulitscatter doesn't support groups, then you are out of luck. Does it support clumping like Forest Pro where it will automatically clump together same objects within a given radius?