Help Please! I have struggled with this render for a little while, not sure why it is pixelated, I am using 3ds max 2010 with the Vray adv 2.00.02 plugging. the textures I have used are vray, dirtmaps with subdivs of 128. I am using Reinhard colour mapping, the image sampler is adaptive DMC with "catmull-Rom" antialising filter. the adaptive DMC image sampler is set to 1/256 subdivs, clr thresh:0.001. in the settings menu adaptive amount:0.85 noise threshold is 0.001 min samples are set to 64. global subdivs multiplier is 20.0.

pixelated render.jpg

thanks

I don't think extremely high is the best way to describe those settings. I think it needs to be xtremely high. The X is for "holy Jeebus!" I guess it renders since it's such a super simple elevation view.

Let's re-wind. What are you trying to achieve? What is your average texture resolution and what is your render resolution? A 512x512 brick texture rendered at 6,000 pixels wide isn't going to show very well regardless if you set your settings to infinity.

thanks guys for the prompt response, I eventually had to increase the parameters to see if there would be a drastic change in quality but surprisingly there isn't, I hope this screen shot mid render can explain the quality,

the output size width: 1301 hight: 191 aspect: 6.81152 pixel ratio:1

Screen Shot .jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 23.07.11.png