Personal portfolio work

1400437667.jpg

Studio/Institution: SNHU
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds Max, Vray
Description:

I'm almost done, just looking for some critiquing. Don't hold back. :o

EDIT: I'm redoing the carpet, something messed up when importing it.

Edited by wegwegsgwerg

Yes - too saturated especially the coffee table which I think is too big. The objects on the table are placed too rigidly; like ducks at a shooting gallery. Especially the books/mags at the corners with the plant dead center. Things should be placed more randomly.

The thick horizontal mullion is too distracting - I would just bring them all down so that it either is on the top edge of the sofa or completely behind it. Wall covering at the back looks washed out - base board at bottom.

Yes - too saturated especially the coffee table which I think is too big. The objects on the table are placed too rigidly; like ducks at a shooting gallery. Especially the books/mags at the corners with the plant dead center. Things should be placed more randomly.

The thick horizontal mullion is too distracting - I would just bring them all down so that it either is on the top edge of the sofa or completely behind it. Wall covering at the back looks washed out - base board at bottom.

I really appreciate the feedback, George.

I ended up playing around with some of the render settings and I think it looks a lot better. Turned clamp output and subpixel mapping on. I was under the assumption that clamp output was one of those things you really shouldn't use but my scene looks a lot better in my opinion.

I guess the window mullion is a bit distracting but I never really focused on it and actually really liked it. I moved it a bit, not sure if it's still distracting at all as I personally don't find it distracting. This forum is great as I'm a pretty bad judge of my own work.

maybebaby.jpg

Not sure if the exterior isn't blown out enough, looks better thanks to clamp output however not as blown out.

Edited by wegwegsgwerg

Big improvement I think. Everything reads a lot more clearly. The only is think is that the coffee table is still too saturated and unnatural looking. Or it could be that it's not reflective at all - or a combination of both. Also it's just a big blob. Maybe if it had more of a black base showing it would look more interesting.

Get rid of the Domino sugar box. People living in such a chic environment would have a Tiffany's sugar bowl.

living cga 2.jpg

Edited by heni30