WIP - Farnsworth house (living area)

1400542375.jpg

Studio/Institution: Freelance
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: Blender 3D - Cycles - Photoshop CS6
Description:

I am new to the forums so let me start by saying hi. :D This is a project I am currently working on for my 2014/15 portfolio. Right now I am focused on interior materials/composition; the rug and curtains are currently giving me some grief. :confused: I don't suppose a lot of you are familiar with cycles or blender so I am mainly looking for composition and post-pro tips. Rendered at 1000 x 1500 px, 1000 samples, with post-pro in PS CS6. It's a little noisy right now because of caustics, also I need to set a clamp value.

Hi,

Nice start. The image has potential and I think that you should work on image contrast and overall color first.

Try to make curtains less transparent to achieve some contrast (it's too bright, blended). Think about wood color from the left. Maybe to try different color (to make complement with the scene) or try some other foreground element. I think you should remove the plant from the right, you should let the image have some breathing space.

Finally, add more details: light on the ceiling, make rug more natural (bend it), add some person etc.

Along with revising the curtain material I removed the plant, added some color to the area rug, and moved the curtains. I also tried to composite in a tree but I need second opinions on it; the clean up was very messy as you can see at the top edge of the window but I'm more concerned with the perspective.

<a href=Post-pro_zps703d1675.png' alt='Post-pro_

• 2 weeks later...