Distributed Bucket Rendering problem

rh1300s

Hello, I hope someone can help. I have 3ds Max Design 2015 and am struggling to get DBR to work. The renderer is Mental Ray.

I have got Max installed on the satellite machines and the various files that the setup asks for are there

rayrc

raysat_3dsmax.bat

raysat_3dsmax.exe

raysat_3dsmaxserver.exe

On the master system Distribted Render is checked the DBR Hosts are listed by the computer IP address 192.168.1.?? etc. (port:default)

When I hit render the render starts, but looking at task manager on the other machines they are not active, so I am guessing they aren't helping with the render.

BTW - The master machine is Windows 7 - the hosts are 8.1 and all on a network.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help...........

From my reply on the Area forum (in case anyone is trying to solve this and didn't see it there):

I was having a problem with DBR as well. I did a search for 2015 and DBR and found the Max 2015 readme which states:

"mental ray Distributed Bucket Rendering (DBR) services are now disabled by default. To use DBR, use the Control Panel to enable the service."

Find the mi-raysat_3dsmax2015_64 service and change the Startup Type to Automatic so that you don't have to manually start it every time you reboot your machine. This is not mentioned in help file as far as I can tell, just the readme. :rolleyes:

Although, it was just mentioned on the MaxStation blog just today. http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/n239-distributed-bucket-rendering-in-3ds-max-2015