New internal rendering engine developed by Maxon for AC 18

Eliot Blenkarne

Can utilise materials from C4D too.

sure... this IS the render engine of c4d.

The question should be, why it has taken so long to implement it... nemetschek has bought maxon in 2000 and archicad in 2006. I think because they thought it is better to sell two programs instead of one. But now that autodesk adds mental ray to everything they had to react.

Edited by numerobis

Revit comes with mentalray now?

At school, I'm about the only one using AC - Revit is pushed a bit more for some reason.

Those who use whatever internal engine revit has tend to have pretty poor viz work, so I assumed it was much the same as Archicad. I would never have personally used the Lightworks engine for anything!

Will be interesting to see if they can implement half-decent vegetation and the likes down the track.

Perhaps we will see V-ray inside AC soon too.

Yeah, Lightworks is not measurable with Cinerender, Octane or Maxwell but I personaly used it few times :) and it can help in early concept stage for some design decisions and it is okay for draft previews, not for fancy production work of course. But c4d render is here now so..

Yeah I agree totally, it will be nice to see high poly vegetation in AC without compromising its performance.

Edited by n3CRO