*How do i exclude my main computer (workstation) from rendering in VRay DR?

I have 3 Computers. One is my main workstation where i do all the work and stuff. when i use VRay DR to render it also renders along with the 2 computers so i can't continue with working on other stuff. I just want the other 2 computers to render and not my Main PC. Is there a way to exclude my Main PC from rendering? :confused:

If you are using Vray 3, you can uncheck "Use Local Host" in the DR settings and it will exclude it from the render.

If you don't have Vray 3. You could always just start the DR on the 2nd box, and have it only look for the 3rd box to DR. You can either do this through backburner or launching it locally on a machine that is not your main box.

The really lazy way is to just do it as normal, but set the Vray spawner and the Max session started by the spawner to low thread prioirty and remove all the CPU cores in the "Set Affinity" dialog in the task manager. But this may cause unknown issues as Vray will be looking for your main PC but not know what to do with it. Option 1 or 2 is going to be the safer bet.

Thank you Scotty. I'm using Vray 2.40. Is there a "Use Local Host"/untick option in vray 2.40?

If you don't have Vray 3. You could always just start the DR on the 2nd box, and have it only look for the 3rd box to DR. You can either do this through backburner or launching it locally on a machine that is not your main box.

Meaning that the option only exists in Vray 3 so if you don't have it, follow those instructions.