Need help with the saved file .vrimg

evanmichalski

I'm sort of on a deadline here, but I've been experiencing computer lockups all of a sudden during my render periods and have been forced to save my scene render every 20-30 minutes in order to save the raw image. If time wasn't an issue I"d address the hardware problem but like I said hardware issues will probably require RMA's and days, so completely ignore the lockups for now.

What I need help with specifically now is that when I open the saved .vrimg file prior to the crashes and return to rendering the parts that are unfinished, the vray frame buffer flushes out the saved image and starts over. I know I can stitch the extra parts together in Photoshop but was wondering if there was a way to prevent vray from erasing the orginal image wheN i re-render, instead of doing it on Photoshop. And also for future reference, is there a way to save the all the layers inside the .vrimg file so that when I open it up again all the layers will remain intact?

By the way I'm on version 2.40.04. And thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late reply, I just been caught trying to diagnose my freezing computer problem while rendering, and still having no luck. And since I realized I'll need to also stick the render elements, I decided it was best if I just try and fix my computer and eat the deadline. Thanks for your response, and I apologize again for the delayed response.