Can I get some feedback please?

ericelvira

Hello everyone,

Rendered this scene on "High" in Revit. All materials used were altered in Photoshop and re-created in Revit. After did some temperature fixing in Photoshop.

Reason for this render was just to provide client with visualization. I am just wondering what can i do to make this look more photo realistic and any recommendations on any other program to render in... Just recently started rendering and realized there's a whole lot more to learn...

Thank you.

2-5 Child View.jpg

I think you need to separate your colors. Interiors are definitely warmer, but with white balance in photography, the warmth is quarantined to the lights and where they hit. There is still a sense of GI (skylight) that cools out the shadow areas. This includes the light falloffs.

That said, Revit is a piece of crap renderer and I am impressed with you result.

Actually REVIT engine is Mental Ray and it can produce pretty decent renders, again all goes in the hands of the person controlling the software.

Regarding your image review all previews comments, but for me, the problem is the low details in your models that is pushing down your rendering, besides better mapping and lighting, and sadly REVIT will not be able to help you.

For a quick render REVIT can do a decent JOB, but if you need a more refined output, I will seriously recommend 3D Max or any other similar software such, Cinema 4D, MODO or Blender and the list goes and goes.

Even is you export from REVIT to Maxell or something crazy, the problem is the detail in the models and a more advanced mapping that REVIT can not generate now.

Besides that, when creating a Visualization image, you need to take off your Architect glasses and look your image more like a photographer or artist.

That camera view is not the best ( very awful actually) and we don't know if it is day or night outside, and there is a lack of scale reference in your image, how big or small is this space.

As you mentioned lots to learn for you, but it is fun, believe me ;)

Play with the camera angle more. It has to show the whole picture...I have tried to render in REVIT previously but the renders do not come out as expected especially the glass (no reflection whatsoever). The table top seems out of scale (too thick) without any fillet. Reflections are absent. The mood is totally yellow which does not give the white feel. Core 2 road view shreya.jpg ive attached a revit render but the post in done in photoshop to enhance it.