setting up a crop render at size of whole image itself

chow choppe

Hi everyone

i need a suggestion regarding rendering a crop of a scene.

okay here is what happened. i rendered a scene at 10000 pixels. now client sent me a crop region of that render and asked me to render that region at 5000 pixels now. how can i do it. he doesnt want camera to go forward and zoom in that crop area . he just wants to get exact that cropped area rendered only but at 10000 pixels.

my problem is i dont know how to set exact crop window of 10000 pixels X 10000 pixels and render that region.

please suggest

i am clueless and he is on my case to get this done sooner than tomorrow

Thanks

" To render a blowup:

1. Open the Rendered Frame Window and choose the viewport to render.
  2. Choose Blowup from the Area To Render list.

hand.jpg (Edit Region) button appears on the Rendered Frame Window, to the right of the Area To Render list, and the Blowup region window is displayed in the active viewport. This window is different from the one used for Region and Crop.

The Blowup region window does not appear in the Rendered Frame Window because the region extents might exceed the window area, depending on the rendering history.

1. To move the window, drag inside it. To adjust the window size, drag its handles.

The window is constrained to the aspect ratio of the current output size.

1. Render the scene.

3ds Max displays a progress dialog that shows the progress of rendering and the rendering parameter settings. To stop rendering, click Cancel in this dialog, or press Esc."

:p

Edited by Ismael
Clarify information

Why you should not use Vray frame buffer region?

Sorry, if I do not get right yout point.

Simple, make render size some like 20.000 x 20.000 and then crop from VRFBuffer, "on blind".

You should make mistake by 10-20%, no more, then just crop it in PS?

Vray Frame Buffer, has its own render region.

http://www.vray.com/vray_for_sketchup/manual/new_features/media/vray_frame_buffer.jpg

Also, this may help, maybe

Hidden parameters

There are some additional parameters of the VFB, which are not available in the interface, but are accessible through MaxScript. These may be useful in certain situations. Below are listed the MaxScript names of these parameters.

output_renderType - This allows you to override the render type, specified in the 3ds Max settings. Possible values are:

0 - use 3ds Max render type (default);

1 - render the full image;

2 - region rendering;

3 - crop rendering;

4 - blow-up rendering.

output_regxmin - The left coordinate (in pixels) of the region to render (for region/crop/blow-up rendering);

output_regxmax - The right coordinate (in pixels) of the region to render (for region/drop/blow-up rendering);

output_regymin - The top coordinate (in pixels) of the region to render (for region/drop/blow-up rendering);

output_regymax - The bottom coordinate (in pixels) of the region to render (for region/drop/blow-up rendering);

VFB toolbar

Here's a down and dirty way of doing it without using the frame buffer. Create a new blank file in Photoshop - make it 10,000 by 10,000. Make a quick rough render at 20k x 20k- shadows off, vray override material, very low settings. Paste it into the new psd file and move it around until you get exactly the area you want - see if you have to make it bigger - note %.

Make a vertical black plane bigger than the frame with a square cut out - exclude from all lights. Make it perpendicular to the camera (match camera hor rotation) and move it around until you get what you want and render. You're just putting a black matte around the area.

Edited by heni30