Hello friends

mohammedjallad

im interior designer with 3ds max and new vray user,,

i have a lot of tries on vray but i fail to make Realistic looks in vray

i do good setup for for vray render with nice texure for exterior & interior

finally ... miss something in render output file

miss to let anyone see the picture with out color correction & post production works as realty in a view picture, i saw alot of tutorials about vray & 3ds max, but still miss somthing.

regards

i hope some one help

like this render i render it on my pc with 16 hour!

Quad core 6600 2.4ghz, 8 gb ram, 2gb Ati 5450 HD

corrected.jpg

Front View_.jpg

Edited by mohammedjallad

First of all, good renders take time. 16 hours is a lot, but your machine is not exactly a beast so don't worry about that.

You aren't asking much of a question here. It is very open ended. If I would say anything helpful at this point it would be that your lighting and exposure is the issue. I would add that post is an important part of the process.

Vray sun/sky is overly intense at full force in my opinion so I would reduce this. It will lessen the burns in your image. Then find a softer exposure that will give you more range in the post production side of things.

Exteriors are harder images to make look photo-real. Saturation and blurring are a very tricky thing to get right. There is always a little less sharpness to an exterior so keep that in mind while you finish off your image.

Good luck. Not a bad start.

------

EDIT: To be more clear on the exposure, your sun is over-powering your shadow (GI or Sky) contribution. It needs to flatten out a little to give it a more realistic feel.

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu

The rendered image is very good indeed, but I think if you try some things maybe you improve it more, before that try to avoid the over burned areas like the left paving part (the car side) by reducing the GI Environment (Skylight) Override, then try to make your test concerning the relation between the lighten areas and the shadows area, this depends on your taste and also the time of your shot;early morning, or middle of the day or at sun set, for sure each one has different style and you can experience real images for these times to see how these parts (lighten & shadows) look like..

Try to control your saturation value...Also,I think area filter gives more realistic than the sharpen ones.

For Color image try Reinhard, I worked with it lately and I liked it very much, even in animation it is very cool but take care of the multiplier & burn value. Hope that helps..

Edited by sherifmassoud

I disagree on the GI. GI is not what causes a burn. Direct lights do. This is on the sunny side of the house and in the direct sunlight so the GI is not a factor there. It is however a factor in the over-dark shadows. You would need to increase GI or Sky contribution to lighten these shadows. Reducing the sunlight will make the exposure setting change which will make the GI balance itself out, but something needs to change in order to reduce your burn and lighten your shadows.

Regardless of time of day, you will never want to have the main facade of your image be covered in an overly dark shadow. It doesn't need to be in full sunlight, but your exposure would seek to get the facade of focus correct.

Normally, If you increase the main light source (vray sun) you will see the burn effect, and If you increase the GI too much you will see the burn effect, this is one of the factors that can make burn effect.

There are many other things that can make that; for example if you use reinhard you have to control the burn & multiplier values, or in interiors you have to control the vray lights values..at the end it's depends on your experience&artistic talent.

You may forced to make real project with real location concerning the sunlight location so you may find your main facade covered in the shadows area. but if there is no regulations and you want only to make beautiful visualization for the project for sure it's better to exposure the main facade to full or part of the direct main sunlight.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I think we are largely saying the same thing, but our points are being lost in translation.

Reinhard is a good way to turn burns into saturated areas and as far as real world scenarios I would simply suggest to look at photography before art. I have noticed a general trend towards a flattening of the light in professional photos and a greater emphasis on colors. Reinhard may be good here.

Me too, I didn't mean any of that, just saying my opinion and advices..also, I don't say that he must use reinhard, vray contains large amount of options and to get good visualized image you have first to focus on many things from real images (saturation, contrast, color harmony, lighten & shadows relation) and ofcourse the question is : what is the best settings for every situation..