Glass reflection problem

tacianaviaud

Hi I'm new at Vray and I have some issues with my glass material to reflect my hdri. Im not sure if its my material or the reflection/refraction environment the problem. It works on the sphere but not an a box. Here are my settings

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51635[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51637[/ATTACH]

Hi Alice, and welcome to the forum. I am not able to open your attachments. I don't know if it's because I am using an ipad or not. However, from what you say, I can imagine the reason being that your camera Z -> target is reflecting below the horizon line, and since most hdr images are black from horizon line and down, it will naturally only reflect the black lower part of the image. If this is the reason, your sphere will reflect the hdri from around the middle and up, and your box sides will reflect only the bottom if the map. If this is not true, I would like to see the images. Maybe you have a dropbox link or something?

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/reflection_highlight/reflection_highlight.htm

"When the light inside the room = the light falling on the objects that we desire to reflect, there will be no reflection. At night indoors with the lights turned on, you stand in front of your window whose other side faces the dark of night, you see your reflection as if the window was a mirror. At midday with bright daylight outside, your reflection (the one you had the previous night) would be gone."

Make a glass panel 1/4 " by using a box primitive. Place next to the ball and see if it reflect. place at different angles too. Try a darker material on the cabinet momentarily.

Oh, remove the material you have in the reflection slot and try.

Edited by Ismael
Add comment