Vray Environment fog dont work with vray sun??

thanulee

Im trying to setup up some nice volume lights and seems impossible to control vray fog. I wanna light with vray sun and the fog just appears all over the screen it completely ignores the light from the windows. I do not wish to use other lights than vray native stuff cause starts misbehaving... Any solutions? Any good tutorial over fog? Everything i saw was like 3 years ago and noone had vray sun in there or vray lights. thanx

fog.jpg

Edited by thanulee

No it works fine, I can even see the rays in your image ?

It's just faint, and depends heavily on the conditions and setup.

If you want that strong "god rays" effect, just render it as separate pass, with fully black scene (use black vraylight mat as override, and hide your glass geometry), and overlay manually in post. Don't forget to check advanced atmospheric evaluation.

It covers half the image, the light doesnt come through the windows. I should raise the height of the fog is that ur suggestion?

Oh, i raised fog, changed the fog distance also, used the override and somehow worked. And the quality of the pass depends on my gi? thanks a lot

Edited by thanulee

No it doesn't, if you mean the general GI of the scene (BF/IR/LC/etc..), although the VrayFog itself looks more believable in interiors if you use the GI option, which comes with render time penalty.

Quality depends on amount of noise sampling, i.e, subdivs.