Vray underwater big problem....

nichlasudengaard

Hi!

I want to create a vray underwater scene, but I don't know how to exactly do it...

I know that u have to figure out to setup some light, and anu have to add the fog effect and all that basic stuff..

But I really want to know to create a realistic underwater, like if u was down in a ocean...

With the gradient background thing, like in reality....All in all I really wanna know how to create a realistic underwater scene using vray:-)

Thank u!!!!

Many regards, Nichlas:-)

Just start experimenting. The links provided to you should give you more than enough information to start with if you take the time to read how people did their challenge pieces.

But first, step numero uno, you need to find visual reference to what you want to achieve. Are you in a reef? Are you in a wave zone? Are you deep water? Are you shallow water? All sorts of water zones have different looks to them.

Ultimately, your best bet will be to do most of the environment work in post using various z-depth passes from vray. It's much faster to get feedback and to make small scale adjustments.

Just don't expect to be fully spood-fed a 1-2-3 step process. The best way to learn how to do something is to just do it. Dive in there and just get your feet wet.

"I know that u have to figure out to setup some light, and anu have to add the fog effect and all that basic stuff.."

Nichlas Udengaard

Have you figured any of that basic stuff yet?

"But first, step numero uno, you need to find visual reference to what you want to achieve. Are you in a reef? Are you in a wave zone? Are you deep water? Are you shallow water? All sorts of water zones have different looks to them."

Scott Schroeder

Have you collected any reference material?

"Step numero uno" = trin numero uno

I'm going to paraphrase a great man here.

Well, I have the answer to all of your questions: it doesn’t matter. Really. It doesn’t. These questions are excuses, plain and simple. They are used by people who aren’t creating art that want to get wrapped up in petty minutiae at the expense of their own work.

The fact is that if you want to make an underwater scene, then you need to make an underwater scene. I could answer every single question on this list and it wouldn’t make you the slightest bit better at making that scene or understand why you are doing that step.

Now, before there is a public outcry let me say this. These are mostly valid questions, with equally valid answers. They’re worth discussing at times, and are things that you’ll eventually figure out. But by and large, you’ll figure them all out for yourself by working. Notice a pattern here? Don’t be afraid to ask questions and research things, but be sure you’re not doing it at the expense of actually learning things.

By the way, don't try. Do or do not. If you make a scene and it looks like crap, so what. At least you learned something. If you make a scene and it looks good, again, you learned something. See the process here? Even in failure you still learn. So just start doing.

You could literally create this scene, do some quick ambient light, and do the rest of the effects and color grading in Photoshop.

2048.jpg

Ty for that story;-) Appreciate it, when I have created my scene then, can I send it to u and then u can give me feedback?? Or just someone who knows something about this:-)

Edit(because I can't reply:(((): Hi Again, I know that I can be pretty terisome...

But I have done a quick try on the challenge, but why is the water reflecting the sand(plane)....?it looks pretty stupid:(

http://s29.postimg.org/iemwbjsx3/reflect.jpg

Thanks

Edited by nichlasudengaard