Vray edge enhance setting

jayeshmane

hey corey

i just check Camera Raw Filter i dont have it . bcoz i m using vray 1.5 may be new version have that filter.

and there is one more thing i have too tell you i do some r&d part with window picture viewer and Picasa web viewer

the thing is when i use picasa for final render image it don't get pixelated on other hand same thing get pixelated in windows picture viewer

i just got this thing accidentally . but thank you for replying me

Ugh, what did I do? Oh well, I got some Monday morning hilarity out of it.

There is no super duper setting. Obviously, there is a language translation barrier here. The whole point is that you are zooming into the image. No matter what you do, what your settings are or how big you render, you'll still see pixels once you zoom in past 100%.

Hi Jay

Could be that you have a too high amount of max subdivs in your DMC image sampler settings and/or your light source has too few subdivs. It could be a lot of things if you generally are unhappy with your edges. Try and add a "VRaySampleRate" render element and show us the result.

But as the others have suggested, zooming in that much will mostly screw up any perfectly "enhanced edge" :)

thank you andy

but printing is the final stage and second thing my client are like they want look good Sharpe and fine edge with final result they dont understand they looking in 200% or 400% and after that get pixelated.

there is any way for this cuz im rendering my final images in 3000x2000 pixel

Wait a moment!!! everybody just chill, are we realizing what are we talking about here?

Jay Mane, what you are asking does not make seance, but it can be fix, don't worry. first please read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel

and as an CG artist it is your duty to teach your clients about what you do and the pros and cons of this media. Looking an image at a 400% is just stupid, unless you are looking for criminal evidence, and in that case you'll be looking photo not renderings, and even in that situation, if the photo is small and you zoom to 400% guess what, you'll see pixels!!

Antialising and filtering help you to show small details in your image but if you think your images are not crisp enough, the solution is increase you image size, no matter how much filter you add to it, if you are rendering at 800 px still will look less sharp than a 6000 px image. Just compare old 512 lines TV's with an Full HD or the new 4K TV, you know that 4K mean 4000 pixels of image, or approximately in reality, but the point is if you need sharper images your first option should be image size in pixels.

I usually render at 5200 pix in the larger size, and they print great at 11"x17" even at 24"x36", for some crazy print I do 7000 or 1000 when are giant prints.

So just chill out, turn off your filtering in VRay and render at a bigger size image, try 5000, I bet you will be OK with that. If your client zoom to 400% he does not know what he is doing, there is no purpose to that, or he just have very short arms ;)