Animation with Vray - Save frame by frame in separate files

Marco Manunta

Hi there,

i'm new with animation and i would like to make an architectural animation simply with a camera moving and people walking in the street.

The problem is that it's a little bit long to calculate even if i separate the prepass from the final rendering. So i heard that it was possible to save each frame in the final render in a different file, and after that, merge them all with After Effects or other softwares. How can i achieve this ?

For me it would be important so i can interrupt the rendering anytime and continue it when i can starting from the last frame rendered..

thanks!

In vray settings, untick the save option under common, and tick + choose path on Save separate channels under vfb. Just write the main file name eg. Animation.png and it will save as animation001 002 003 etc, also with all the different passes for each frame. Vray 3, possibly something similar.

great thank you! can i ask you another silly question ? sorry but i'm trying to understand something about animation in max :(

how i can decide the resolution of my animation ? if i use the normal resolution in common parameters, the frames when rendered are at the correct size, but when i watch the final animation with VLC or Quick Time it's always a different size (actually it's always 720x480 when i decided it was 1200x700)