SketchUp Enhancement - How much is it worth?

heni30

Prospective client wants to do enhancements to his SketchUp renderings.

This quick sample (just moving 1 tree around) I did for him has a little Max work - tile and a vray render of model.

Ideally the situation would be working on client's SU bitmap render in Photoshop without

having to fool with the model at all.

What % of the price of a normal rendering do you think this is worth?

I guess 3 options could be offered:

Basic - ecomony

High quality

Super -Duper deluxe

before and after.jpg

Edited by heni30

I was thinking more of offering a quick touch-up service that would be VERY inexpensive and attractive to architects using SU. Maybe something you do just before the renderings are going out the door. I don't want to set the expectations too high.

Doing a re-model and re-render, even though it would be easier for us, would produce a full-fee looking rendering which should require a finished rendering price.

Like here's one i did a couple of months ago. Someone did re-render the building using the architect's own max/vray model but you can see that just by adding landcaping, people, a new street, cars etc, the rendering is taken up a notch.

b_a 53 st..jpg

Edited by heni30

If you have the chance to get the model, then you can do wonders to make the rendering far better. However if you are just enhancing an existing SU rendering, then I would base it on hours spent. For example, just adding a few people, trees, shadows and sky could take an hour and so could cost $100.

Don't forget to factor in the phone time while they tell you about the project and what they need done.

Also, make sure you add a 'scope creep' clause. Architects may ask for more and more than what was initially bid... so additional changes cost additional fee.