Keyboard & Mouse?

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a. 10 years ago I bought a full box of these. Best mouse in history.

And a 70$ Razor mouse pad :)

and a 15$ simple wireless keyboard (no shortcut and multimedia keys at all) I got at OfficeDepot.

I use mostly Logitech gaming mice (MX518, G700, G400) since I've retired my aging MS Optical. I don't really look back to it, as it is too slow for my preference and 1440p or higher screens. I don't like boosting dpi through software, as I feel I lose precision with it.

Though I do have a mech keyboard @ home (ok, more than one) I don't see any performance advantage using them with 3D software.

I am typing this on a MS Wired Keyb 200 (work PC, along with a MX518) which feels perfectly fine. I also have a dirt cheap Logitech K120 that I think is great for the money ($10-12 or so).

I do have a Wacom which I rarely use outside toying with ZBrush and very rarely for lengthy PS retouches - either of which I don't do that often.

Using a Logitech G602 mouse and Corsair K65 mechanical keyboard at the moment. The G602 is the best wireless mouse I have ever used.

Logitech G502 Proteus Core has my attention, but I have not had a reason yet to let go of my G602 for it.

This looks interesting, but seems very costly for me to experiment with:

RollerMouse

Using a Logitech G602 mouse and Corsair K65 mechanical keyboard at the moment. The G602 is the best wireless mouse I have ever used.

Logitech G502 Proteus Core has my attention, but I have not had a reason yet to let go of my G602 for it.

This looks interesting, but seems very costly for me to experiment with:

RollerMouse

This keyboard will be the last thing I will experiment.

Space Navigator from 3dconnexion. I am using it in max all the time. A huge time saver in most situations, both when modelling and trying to experiment with angles, and just when trying to get your head around a project.

That Space Navigator for left hand, and a 7 year microsoft mouse in the right hand, with a huge mousepad (I think it is 60x60cm). Estimating a number of 3,2M mouseclicks in its lifespan, and I have still not got any trouble with my hand. I think the key lays in a technique that I am not even aware of myself. (Luck). Going on with that.

Also using a SpaceNavigator, be it in Max, AutoCAD, or Photoshop, I find the ease of navigation to be a great improvement over the traditional panning and scrolling/zooming, which leads to fewer repetitions and therefore reduces the likelihood of RMI. I've been thinking about getting the the SpaceMouse or the SpacePilot but I heard they were redesigning the SpacePilot and coming out with it later this year, so I will wait for that. Both of those have more customizable button, which reduces the need to move your hand back and forth between keyboard and 3dMouse.

Instead of a mouse I use a tablet, again it is more comfortable for your wrist and you tend to keep a better posture while working.

The downside of the tablet 3dMouse combination is that you don't have a hand available for the keyboard to use shortcuts, I try to get around that as much as possible by customizing my quad menus.

I have to test switches. About Razer I've heard many bad opinions. Now I am planning to buy this set of peripherals:

Mice: Logitech G502 or wireless MX

Keyboard: Corsair K70 or wireless K800

Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro M (L I think is too big, and i don't know what is a diffrence between silver Special Edition?)

3D Manipulator: SpaceMouse Pro Wireless

Last week bought the Razer Mamba 2012.

Was very disappointed.

Microsoft wheel mouse optical 1.1a is my all-time favorite.

They are not produced anymore and i'm terrified of the future.

Thats why I got 4 more in my private stash.