Archi CAD to 3D Max Nightmare

Francisco Penaloza

Yep the title say it all.

So I have this client send me a 3Ds model that was done in ArchiCAD, when I try to import to Max it come in a very small scale, no matter what units I setup in Max it always come very small and in a strange ratio.

When I finally scale it to the right size, more or less a few mm, the viewport of max it shows really jacked up.

Usually it show like this when the objects are too small or they are far from the origin, the size supposed to be fine, and I placed the building at 0,0,0 and still it look like Cra!#@p.

any ideas?

also any input of best practice to export from Archi CAD to Max.

BTW the problem is not video card or drivers, any other models or even City scenes that I have show fine.

Thank you

quemierda.jpg

Thank for your input guys.

View port clipping I did adjust that too, it was more noticeable before I scaled the model up.

I told my client to re-export the model with Nicolai suggestion and I had to scale down the model now lol go figure, but now it is a t the right scale and the crazy viewport performance was fixed after applying Reset XForm modifier to the whole mesh.

It was a suggestion from my co worker, and he explained that after enlarging the mesh is such drastically way, and re located close to zero coordinated, Max viewport get jacked up very easy.

Applying Reset XForm modifier, seems to fixed the problem.

Thanks you all for the help.

Cheers \m/