Offices. Just offices.

1408705653.jpg

Studio/Institution: Roberts Limbrick LTD
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: 3DS Max, VRay
Description:

Don't judge too hard, I work for a commercial practice that does a lot of industrial sheds and offices...

These are proposed images I produced for two offices on a heavily industrialised site. One office is a hideous building that is having the glazing re-done and being entirely re-clad & rendered, the other is a new build. I had picked some nice "detail" shots and vignettes, but as is the way of the world the technician on the project (architect on holiday...) wanted wide angle shots that show as much as possible. I tried posting the 24 megapixel originals, but they are too big. Shame really.

7414%2B-%2BImperial%2BGate%2B-%2BCamera%2B01%2B-%2B20-08-2014.jpg

7414%2B-%2BImperial%2BGate%2B-%2BCamera%2B02%2B-%2B19-08-2014.jpg

7414%2B-%2BImperial%2BGate%2B-%2BCamera%2B03%2B-%2B19-08-2014.jpg

7414%2B-%2BImperial%2BGate%2B-%2BCamera%2B04%2B-%2B22-08-2014.jpg

Good work! Very nice pictures. Perhaps a tad too clean, but then again all architects want stuff to appear new and shiny so i imagine your client must be very happy! How did you go about making the road markings/stripes? Painted texture or spline system of some sort? Also your metal cladding material (zinc?) looks very nice. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments, I'd love to have added more dirt/grunge too; but as you said they always want it looking brand new!

The markings on the road were a little bit overkill really, they are 3D modelled and I used railclones new "surface" function to snap it to the road. Will post a screenshot later...

This are very nice rendering, I wonder how you got away with the back lit setup, I am always asked to show the front of the building sun lit :(, this are good examples

What is your light setup HDRI? or VRay sun/Sky?

Those street lines seems very heavy in polygons? that's because you are using a short mesh and rail close is repeating it I guess?

Cheers \m/

What is your light setup HDRI? or VRay sun/Sky?

Those street lines seems very heavy in polygons? that's because you are using a short mesh and rail close is repeating it I guess?

Cheers \m/

The lighting is an HDRI by CG-Source, nothing special going on really other than this is the first project where I adopted rheinhard colour mapping and set the burn value to 0.1. This prevented a lot of blown out highlights, but in turn really reduced the contrast - something that isn't an issue given then the extra pixel information you glean from not having blown highlights can be used to add more contrast in post.

The base mesh for the road lines is really quite small, and I relied entirely on railclone to do its job and instance it where necessary to save RAM.

Really nice views... Even if its clean.. its looking nice and smooth.. The Wall cladding has got really nice feel to it.. Loved it... Hate it when client wants it all lite and clean and you have got the perfect views for them.

Cheers Man...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...