Annoying tiny light splotches

elipan

Find out where the noise is coming from first by creating a set of render elements. Check lighting, reflection & GI; they are the usual suspects.

VrayLighting

VrayReflection

VrayGlobalIllumination

Did you mean those? I'm new to render elements.

EDIT:

Well yes, did identify its reflection issue.

How do I advance from there? Already at 40 subdives and still splotches visible.:confused:

Edited by elipan

Yes, those are the render elements I'm talking about.

It's pretty difficult to diagnose without seeing all of the settings, etc but you've got two ways of clearing the noise if it's from the reflections; either increase the reflection subdivisions or increase the max rate of the antialiasing sampler and lower the noise threshold. The latter being the one to avoid, because this is a kind of "blanket" fix for noise and your render times will go up pretty considerably.

I have in the past ended up with reflection subdivisions of 128 on a particularly troublesome material, when everything else in the scene was fine at 8 to 16. Due to force of habit I go up in multiples; 8,16,32,64,128 and so on.

Sorry for disappearing but I was able to solve it.

Just followed this thread:

The whole thing was Sub pixel mapping. I so got used to Vray 2 interface I didn't notice that in Vray 3 this thick-box moved to the left column and I was sure I did it.

Chris, you are 100% right,

I need to take myself together and dive deeper in Vray settings and stop relaying on the Quick Settings.

Thank you for the help!