V-ray 3.0 Proxies vs Prior Versions

Daniel Doerksen

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this. All my scenes with instanced proxies created prior to vray 3.0 run excruciatingly slow.

To test this I took a 32 instanced proxies with 10k polys showing. In my viewport, If the proxies where created prior to vray 3.0 Im getting 14fps... Where as if it was created in 3.0 I am getting my regular fps at around 500 fps.

Has anyone else experienced this? It happens on all my workstations and slaves.

Or is anyone willing to run the same test i did to confirm?

I'm getting identical framerates with old and new proxies. Running vray 3.00.07, max 2015 with nitrous viewport set to shaded, not realistic, Geforce gtx 660ti. 15 fps, 32 proxies with 10k polies. This is with adaptive degradation turned off, otherwise I get either less or more fps. How are you even getting 500 fps, what's your setup? :D

Edited by mali22

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this. All my scenes with instanced proxies created prior to vray 3.0 run excruciatingly slow.

To test this I took a 32 instanced proxies with 10k polys showing. In my viewport, If the proxies where created prior to vray 3.0 Im getting 14fps... Where as if it was created in 3.0 I am getting my regular fps at around 500 fps.

Has anyone else experienced this? It happens on all my workstations and slaves.

Or is anyone willing to run the same test i did to confirm?

Actually no, I did not notice any difference.

Check the display settings in modify panel.

Alright so i have tried it with many more objects, creating new proxies. It would seem it only happens on one tree so far that I create a new proxy of.

So... I can replicate the problem, so really not sure why its happening...

I'm starting to feel a little crazy.... I used to landscape entire developments with proxies having several hundred proxies. Still have a relatively fluid moving viewport.

I'm getting identical framerates with old and new proxies. Running vray 3.00.07, max 2015 with nitrous viewport set to shaded, not realistic, Geforce gtx 660ti. 15 fps, 32 proxies with 10k polies. This is with adaptive degradation turned off, otherwise I get either less or more fps. How are you even getting 500 fps, what's your setup? :D

Iam running a i7 4770k /32gigs ram /2x 660ti's for 3x monitors

Here is the scene that replicates the problem I am having

ProxyFpsDifference

I actually noticed in hindsight the proxys that run ~20 fps(old ones) have only 5k polys not even 10k..

Choas Group figured it out. Turns out my proxies had switched to have preview from file checked where as they should have preview from file (faces)... regardless of how it happened. I'm happy its solved, Dejan Šparovec I'd recommend you check out your proxies if you use them, since you said you were also getting that fps.

• 3 months later...

Ive been facing the exact same problem. Preview from file(faces) seems to do a part of the trick and it has helped a lot but I feel there is still room for improvement. Im wondering if there are any problems jumping from vray 2.0 to 3.0..Apart from proxies i have faced a few other problems.

Lights,ies etc. Sometimes a small scene wont open at all since there are elements that were created with vray 2.0...