Problem with Tiled Map and Water Puddles

Marco Manunta

hi there,

i would like to separate with the double UVW Mapping trick (one UVW for each map channel) the tiled reflection map of a shader and a black map with white puddles for the water in that shader.

If i put the white puddles in the reflection map of the main material, when i change the UVW, it scales also the refl of the tiles. I would like to separate the tiled map from the water puddles map.

thanks!

thanks skyline.

My question at the end is: is it possible to have two distincted reflection map with separate channel in the same reflection slot ?

BEFORE: In the refl and glossiness slot I had the reflection map of my material which was composed by the tiles+water puddles. It didn't work because then the UVW for the water was too "tiled".

NOW: I want the reflection map of my material without the water puddles AND an additional map just with water puddles in the same refl and glossiness slot.

xL6dpbV.jpg

y2mKIvD.jpg

you can put your tile and puddle shaders in a Mix map and use the puddle bitmap as the mix amount, but a better option over a puddle bitmap is to use a procedural map (noise) as the mix amount between your tile shader and your puddle shader. then you will get no tiling. It just takes some testing to get the noise map how you want it. You're better off testing with just 2 solid colors until you get the mix how you want it, then put in the finished shaders.